Before you can make your home more energy efficient, you need to know where you currently stand. A so-called energy audit, in which an energy professional inspects your home to determine where efficiency can be improved, is a great way for homeowners to figure out which parts of their property need attention.
Energy Audit Tips:
- Residing your house – Make more energy efficient by adding rigid insulation first and blown in insulation to exterior wall cavities.
- Reroofing your House – Add rigid insulation to make more energy efficient gain access to attic floor to seal and insulate.
- Remodeling your kitchen – Insulate walls before installing cabinets
If you have any of these problems it is time for an Energy Audit
- Damp cold basements
- Spider webs in living area
- Paint pealing
- Drafty rooms
- High energy bills
- Snow melting on your roof first in your neighborhood